Friday, November 25, 2011

Single mom looking for dating tips!?

I am a youngish (24) single mom with a 5 week old baby. Sparing the details, her father (and yes, my ex) have been apart now for about 4 months or so. He has moved on, and I would like to as well (not to mention, in my opinion a rebound raelly IS the best way to get over an ex). I went on my first date with an old friend last night which was fun, and I am excited to start dating other men again! So...tips! where do I meet them?? People always says friends, and most of my friends don't haev single male friends at the moment. So where else? And how?? Her dad has her wednesdays and thursdays so i have the perfect date night opportunity every week and id really like to take advantage of it!Single mom looking for dating tips!?
You may not like this advise, but you should not date or introduce another man in your child's life until they are adults. Sure you can go out when your child is at their dads home, but I wouldn't ever reintroduce another man into your child's life until they reach adulthood.Single mom looking for dating tips!?
Here is a tip- STOP DATING AND START PARENTING!





Sorry, you tore up your dating card when you made the choice to have a baby. Your job for the next eighteen years is to raise your child. Even if your child is with her father two days a week, use the time to read a parenting book, work on your education, etc.
For once I have to agree with WI Mom.


You are going to need all your strength %26amp; energy focused on your baby, not chasing boys. Good luck to you.
Slow down, your daughter needs you most right now. Whoever you bring into your life affects her too now.
As a single parent also, I disagree with the first few comments. Being a single parent doesn't mean that you spend the rest of your life alone and lonely. Being a happy person helps make you a happy mommy.





That aside, It really is hard to meet people. I met my current bf at the bar. which really isn't the recommended place to meet someone. But it has worked out great so far. We've been together for over a year.
I take it that first answer is a joke!


Of course your baby is number one priority now but that doesnt mean you cant date or even start a new relationship. I am a single mum and i have a boyfriend who i met on the internet. Been together 6 months now. We met on girlsdateforfree.com. Another free one is plentyof fish.com.


I went on only 3 dates before meeting my bloke after a couple of months using the site. Believe it or not those sites do have decent blokes on them, i got on well with all the blokes i met and had a good time, it is fun so enjoy! Just be yourself and have a laugh. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment